Anxiety Support Group
With Jess Brunelle LPC
Purpose and format of the group: Each week will have a brief check in with each member, with opportunities for problem solving with Jess and the group members resourcefulness. Group members with learn to give and receive support, feel a sense of belonging. Being seen in a safe, accepting environment can help group self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Structured check-in at beginning of each meeting
- Problem solving issues group members bring to the session, asking for and receiving support from others and creating community.
- Learning about the neurobiology of anxiety, how the nervous system works
- Creative art structured activities
- The group will establish group guideliens and a list of topics that the group would like to address. This can be very creative and interactive way o structure the group and for group members to get to know each other.
- Every session will involve feedback to make sure the group is relevant, safe and addressing the needs of the group members
Who can attend: people age 16 or older
When: Saturdays, biweekly on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of each month
Where: Counseling Services of Portland, Cherry Blossom office,
10424 SE Cherry Blossom Drive, Portland OR 97216
Cost: $65 per group. Most health insurance will cover part of the fee.
Type of Group: Closed Group once the limit of 8 members has been reached.