Robin Hanseth LPC
Provides effective, practical help for anxiety and depression so you can thrive in relationships, work and life.
- Is something holding you back from having thriving relationships?
- Do you struggle with self doubt?
- Maybe you are still trying to heal from childhood trauma?
Perhaps you feel overwhelmed by chronic pain, relationship problems, issues from the past, anger, anxiety, social anxiety or grief from past losses.
You’re not alone. Many people struggle with these common problems.
People turned to me because of my empathic nature. They tell me they feel safe and that I’m easy to talk with. Though we may have only just met, soon you’ll feel the relief of knowing how to let go of emotional pain. You’ll feel the ease of making space for new enjoyable experiences in your life.
Our work together can help you overcome these challenges and become more confident.
- Together, we will help you feel comfortable communicating because you will experience being heard and validated by me.
- Together we’ll help you identify self-limiting thinking and find your higher truth.
- You will learn skills to manage anxiety and /or depression.
- You’ll remember what it’s like to feel Ease, so you no longer have to struggle just to feel OK in your every day life.
You may be surprised that over time, you will believe me when I point out your strengths and progress that you’ve made!
Because of my extensive experience over the last 10 years, we will quickly address the things that are important to you. I have worked with so many different types of people from all walks of life, and cultural backgrounds that I can quickly relate to your unique situation. Nothing you say will surprise me.
I have learned from my clients how to adapt to what works best for them. My therapy toolbox grows every day as I love to learn, and enjoy sharing ways that will help you get better, not just feel better. And you’ll reap the benefit of working with someone who is inspired and enlivened by helping you.
Alliant International University San Diego, CA
Master of Arts, Clinical Psychology
University of Montana Missoula, MT
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology
Awards: Dean’s list, Scholar of the College of Arts and Sciences
Affiliations: Member of The National Honor Society of Psychology
Licensed Professional Counselor, License Number: C2308
State of Oregon, Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists
Licensed Professional Counselor 3/2010 – Present
New Perspectives Center, Salem, OR
- Provide counseling services to adults of all ages
- Treatment planning and monitoring of progress
- Provide therapy to individuals with dual diagnosis
- Risk assessment and crisis prevention planning
- Provide crisis counseling for after hours crisis calls
Robin Hanseth, MA, LPC 5/2007- 4/2013
Private Practice, Portland, OR
- Provided counseling services to adults of all ages
- Specialized in treating anxiety, depression and life transitions
- Completed my own billing
- Record Keeping
Counselor / Case Manager 7/2007- 3/2010
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare, Portland, OR
- Provided individual counseling and case management
- Consulted with other care providers to coordinate care
- Provided case presentations and collaborated treatment plans
- Developed and led a group on Healthy Relationships
Mental Health Counselor 11/2006-1/2008
Pearl Health Center, Portland, OR
- Provided counseling services to adults 18 years and older
- Collaborated with other practitioners within the Clinic to provide holistic care
Psychology Intern Counselor 8/2005 – 8/2006
Catholic Charities, San Diego, CA
- Provided individual and couples therapy
- Worked as a school counselor (K-8) one day a week for an entire school year
- Developed and conducted a workshop for 5th grade girls on the topic of Bullying
- Conducted one full psychological evaluation
Counselor 8/2004 – 8/2006
Vista Balboa Crisis Center, San Diego, CA
- Milieu therapy with adults of multi-diverse populations in a residential setting
- Provided crisis counseling, short-term counseling and group therapy
- Conducted intake assessments and collaborated treatment goals
- Facilitated case presentations to the team
- Case management