What to Expect
As a client you can expect . . .
support where you can talk over challenges you are facing without judgment or expectation. In our work together, you are the expert of your life. And through our mutual commitment to the work, you will reap the benefits of therapy and rediscover your calm, peaceful center where positive changes are born.
In working with clients for nearly a quarter of a century, we have developed effective methods for dealing with the problems and challenges we all experience in everyday life. We use these methods ourselves, so we know they work.
As we listen deeply and are fully present with you, you can rely on both our therapists’ intuition and intellect to bring forth what is most useful to help you achieve your goals and find yourself again. Everyone is different. Each client needs an experience directly suited to them. And that’s how you may benefit in working with counselors who have thousands of hours of experience.
What you’ll find exceptional about our work together:
- You’ll see results or we’ll change tactics.
- We’ll stay in the present, journeying to the past if needed at times. Your power and creativity live in the here and now and that’s where we will work
- If you have a blind spot, we will challenge you in a respectful, engaging way to help get you back in the game again.
- You will learn skills you can put to work in your relationships, at work, and at play.
- We will see what is good and noble and right about you.
- You will feel safe and supported.
- You’ll be working with someone who can meet you emotionally, intuitively and intellectually.
- You will get better, not just feel better.
- It will even be fun at times. Laughter can heal hearts.
- Out of the 100s of tools and skills available, we’ll select those that will give you quick, effective results.
- You will feel seen and listened to in a way you may have never experienced before, not just your words but also what you mean to say but don’t always have words to express.
Back to the top
At the end of each session we will briefly review an ask for your feedback. We want to make sure our work together is effective for you, every time.
GLBTQ clients find acceptance here, and a safe place to talk about their challenges. Gifted adults and artists often find solace in being able to share with a like-minded therapist. You are not alone in the world. Someone understands.
Through individual, couples and family meetings, as well as workshops, classes, and homework, you will have the opportunity to practice the new skills you are learning. You will get the results you are looking for.